Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jumping the gun a wee bit

So I've been doing Weight Watchers online the past couple of weeks. I can't tell how much I've lost (if anything), 'cause I can't find my bathroom scale. All right, no, I haven't looked for it. I'm afraid. I'll weigh in when I see significant differences other ways. And even then I'll only do it because I'll need to know how many points I should be using in the WW plan (the smaller you get, the less points you have for food).

I was feeling smaller this morning, so I tried a pair of jeans I haven't worn in months. They fit! Huzzah! I decided to wear them to work.

To tell the truth, they're a little snug. Sitting isn't uncomfortable, but I hope I don't drop something today--I bent over to tie my shoes this morning and nearly knocked myself out from lack of air. I probably should have waited another week.

But still! I'm in 'em! Woo-hoo!

In other news: the research on Thanksgiving dinner has begun. We start with napkins. Can't decide between the fleur-de-lis and the diamond pocket napkin fold.

6 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

Thanksgiving preparations? In March?

I am also doing WW'ers and I weigh every single day. EVERY day I tell you. I am a tad obsessive.

--V said...

I have a brand new (to me) townhouse, and I sorta committed to having my parents come to me for Thanksgiving this year. First. Time. Ever. I'm a little nervous. Never hosted a dinner party of any sort before.

Anonymous said...

You know, actually, V, in these circumstances, the napkins might not be everybody's first priority.

Still, there's April, May, June, July....

--V said...

Oh, and about weighing in? Back when I was still going to the WW center (in a room with actual people, before our leader left and the new one with the drove me nuts) they impressed upon us the importance of not weighing in more than once a week. So I decided to take it a step further, and not weigh in until I think I need to--like when my clothes start to get baggy. Combination fear of the unknown and preservation of the vanity, there. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I do weigh myself.

--V said...

G, I'll get to the menu. But I saw that post and said, "Aha! Napkins, check."

Anonymous said...

stacy says:
I like the Fleur-de-lis. While having all the table wear in a neat little pocket it cute, you have to remove it all to get the napkin on your lap. If said napkin was going to blow away in the wind with an out door setting, I'd say that would be better choice, but I'd say with Thanksgiving, you'll probably be inside.

One thing to think of...Butter Dishes. Giving everyone their own seperate butter is a nice touch. Everyone can use as much or as little as they want and no reaching around the table for it.

Also, sepearte salt and peper shakers. The tiny glass ones are perfect for everyones table setting. My mom uses them and it's great.