Friday, March 18, 2011

An exercise in restraint

I found coconut M&Ms at Target this week.  I bought a bag to bring with me when I go visit my parents at Easter.  Easter is four weeks away.  What's the likelihood that bag is gonna make it that long without getting opened?

Well, until I publish this, not very good.  As soon as I do, though, the chances of this bag making it into and Easter basket in upstate Pennsylvania will increase astronomically.  Here's why:
  1. My Mom and sister both read my blog, and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing both of them in 4 weeks.  So they know these are coming.
  2. This is a holiday-specific flavor--like the mint ones that show up around Christmas--and they only make a limited amount of them.  I think they first made an appearance last Easter, and they went very fast.  I only heard a rumor of them but never found any.  Buying a second bag should the first on disappear down my gullet?  Probably not an option.
  3. I'm going to pack them into the bag I'm taking with me just as soon as I get home.  So I might forget I have them until it's time to pack for the trip (scoffs internally at one's naivete).  
I love playing mind games with myself.  I must.  I do it all the time.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

My happiest Easter-candy arrival has to be the Zitner's eggs and the classic pectin jelly beans.

I like the Tastykake Coconut Juniors too. They used to be a year-round item, but Tastykake made them seasonal. I was excited to see them on the store shelf, but Tastykakes have become so awful in recent years that I'm afraid of eating one and being disappointed.