Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Good news and idiot moves

The mortgage originator at the bank I'm using just called to tell me my loan's been approved. Huzzah!

Good thing, too, considering all the packing and planning I'm doing. Not to mention the lease I broke and the insurance I bought. And the table I bought, too. Where the heck would that go otherwise, huh?

I injured myself slightly on Saturday by being stupid. I went to Dick's (a sporting goods chain in the U.S.) to buy an air mattress so my parents have somewhere to sleep when they come help me paint/move in. The box was rather small, and I wasn't expecting it to be quite as heavy as it was. The first attempt at lifting it is what hurt me, though I didn't feel it right away. The next day, my back and my front hurt in about the same place, and anytime I leaned down and to the left my body informed me quite loudly that I should not do that. It still hurts, but not nearly as much. Bending forward is fun, too. 'Cause, well, gravity drags on the ol' shippetaries (as my grandmom used to call her, um, front), and my back shouts, "Hey! What are you doing?"

So basically, if I drop anything right now it has to stay on the floor unless I can pick it up with my toes. Either that or I drop to the ground, crawl over to it, and hold it in my teeth while I climb, crab-like from the right side, back to a standing or sitting position.

The packing routine has altered a little bit because of this. Instead of building the box, packing it, closing it, and stacking it I now build the box, stack it, fill it, and close it. That'll work. Getting things in low places is a bit tricky. I guess they'll have to wait.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh, no!!!!!

Get thee to a dollar store for one of those plastic grabber thingies to spare you the agony of stooping and bending. Five Below has 'em.

Chances are good that you just pulled a muscle. Hopefully this will pass in a day or two.

--V said...

I'm pretty sure that's what I did. It's not so bad that I can't move. More of a twinge now and then, just enough to remind me that I'm a doofus.