Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Password, schmassword

I got an email from the university's server that my password expires October 1. However, the message said that if I didn't change it by 9/1/2008 I won't be able to get into anything. Doesn't that mean it expires September 1?

Well, whatever. I finally changed it this morning. Now logging in takes twice as long, 'cause I don't remember to use the new one until I've already typed the old one in, hit enter, and gotten an electronic Bronx cheer from the machine. Nerts.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Oooooh, I hated the expiring passwords at my old job. I've had the same six-character password for a long time.

When it was time for a password change, I simply used my usual six characters, but I punctuated it with one of the symbols on the number bar (ABC123** or ABC123%%). I didn't have to struggle to remember it.

Reckless Sarcasm said...

Painful.... Just started the password game at my new employer. Can only use the same password one in seven times and of course it has to be hard for someone to hack. One Capital letter, one number and one symbol... can't have any of the same things in either. YAY.. That should be fun...
I feel your pain.