Thursday, April 29, 2010

Updated Life List

I wrote to a friend yesterday and mentioned my life list, told him he was on it (I've never actually seen him face to face and I want to -- we met online through blogging), and then realized that yes, he's on the list I'm writing but not the one I posted.

Here's my updated life list. I have 74 items so far:
  1. Go on on Alaskan cruise.
  2. Have Mom teach me how to make grape jelly. Done!
  3. Dye my hair red.
  4. Read every book I own.
  5. Learn to spin yarn.
  6. Learn to weave (maybe with the yarn I just learned to spin).
  7. Make spaghetti sauce from scratch.
  8. Take guitar lessons.
  9. Make my home look the way I see it in my head.
  10. Read Les Miserables in the original French.
  11. Learn French (this should probably be switched with #10).
  12. Knit a sweater.
  13. Become a more confident seamstress.
  14. Get my weight under control.
  15. After I do #13 and #14-- make a quilt out of my "fat clothes."
  16. See the Grand Canyon.
  17. Learn how to apply make-up correctly.
  18. Have a pint at The Eagle and Child in Oxford.
  19. Ride a San Francisco cable car.
  20. Taste 1000 kinds of fresh produce (originally "1000 fruits," shamelessly lifted from Mighty Girl's list; changed June 26, 2012 because really, I am more interested in vegetables than fruit).
  21. Learn to drive.
  22. Become dog-owned.
  23. See Stonehenge.
  24. Find my friend Suzanne's grave and lay flowers on it.
  25. Learn Gaelic.
  26. Take a yoga class.
  27. Use every single thing I receive in my CSA crates for an entire season.
  28. Make that storage room I've been calling a craft room into a real craft room.
  29. Design a blog of my own instead of using a canned theme from Blogger.
  30. Take a cross-country train trip.
  31. Stand on the glass floor at the top of the CN tower in Toronto and look down between my feet.
  32. Take Mom to the Stratford Festival of Canada.
  33. Attend a BlogHer conference. Done!
  34. Go fishing with my Dad.
  35. Finish all of the half-done projects I have lying around.
  36. Get all my finished embroidery framed.
  37. Handmade Christmas (one year, everyone on my Christmas list will get a present handmade by me).
  38. Visit Edinburgh.
  39. Walk home from work for one solid month, regardless of weather conditions (except lightning!).
  40. Pay my respects at the grave of Jane Austen.
  41. Go Christmas caroling with my sister.
  42. Grow tomatoes. Done!
  43. Write a novel.
  44. Join a choir again.
  45. Make a calendar using 12 photos I took myself, and distribute this calendar as a present.
  46. Learn to tango.
  47. See the Mona Lisa.
  48. Buy and decorate my own Christmas tree.
  49. Wade in the Pacific Ocean.
  50. Take a tai chi class.
  51. Attend a Renaissance Faire. (Costume not necessary).
  52. Own and wear (on a regular basis) a black leather biker jacket.
  53. Visit the farm in New Zealand where Hobbiton was built for The Lord of the Rings movies.
  54. Attend 100 live performances (Originally "100 films," but thought live performances would be more of a challenge.
  55. Make a pie from fruit I picked myself. Done!
  56. Meet G. face-to-face.
  57. Own a piano.
  58. Be able to play the piano in mentioned in #57.
  59. Be able to do 30 real push-ups (no kneesies!).
  60. Host a dinner party and enjoy it. (The enjoying will be the hard part)
  61. Commute to work by bike one summer.
  62. Keep bees.
  63. See if I can find the "bloody field by Shrewsbury" that Edith Pargeter wrote about (Henry IV v. Owen Glendower)
  64. Go kite flying with my Dad and sister.
  65. Learn to lay tile.
  66. Learn how to fix/replace/install a faucet. Done!
  67. Get my copy of Suzanne's thesis professionally bound.
  68. Start an arts and crafts business with my sister (I have the name all picked out and everything).
  69. Learn to make soap.
  70. Start (and complete) a 365 photography project (take one photo everyday for a year).
  71. Visit the Key West Butterfly Conservatory.
  72. Ride in a hot-air balloon.
  73. Knit a pair of socks. Done!
  74. Attend the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival.

I think that's enough to keep me amused for a while. I need to stop listing all the things I want to do, and focus on doing some of them.

2 comments:

Stratfordfest said...

I would like to help you take number 32 off this list. I am the social and online media coordinator for the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. Send me an email (akropf at stratfordshakespearefestival dot com) and I'll do what I can to help make #32 happen.
Aaron

Reckless Sarcasm said...

well I would be happy to help you take many more off the list... errr experience some of those things with you! :)