Thursday, July 31, 2008

Parting shot

I got a phone call yesterday from the office of my previous residence. It was some woman I've never met. Either they hired the idiot manager some help or they replaced him.

Anyway, she was calling to ask if I returned my keys. I said yes, over two weeks ago. Apparently they can't find them. I told her I gave them to the manager the same day my apartment got painted. He was seated behind his desk when I handed them over. At that same time I also gave him my new address, along with the phone number she was using to get hold of me.

She said, "Okay, sorry to bother you."

If they can't find the keys, are they going to take some of my deposit money to replace the locks? They'd better not. I have no proof I gave them to him, though. I should have asked for a receipt. Especially since I knew I was dealing with a doofus.

I certainly hope this is the last I hear from those people. I'm beginning to feel like Michael Corleone in Godfather III -- every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in and tick me off some more.

In other news, just sent off my first mortgage payment. I now own the weather stripping around my front door.

2 comments:

Squarehead said...

Good luck with the new house.

--V said...

Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far.