Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall foliage

My sister & her hubby had a wedding to go to back home, a friend of Ditter's from high school. They swung through my town and picked me up on their way there. We also celebrated my dad's birthday while we were there--it was yesterday.

We drove up in the dark, got in around 1:00 a.m. and I spent the rest of the weekend hanging around the house, so I didn't get to see how gorgeous the countryside looked until we left Sunday afternoon. Up north, the leaves are already turning. Usually when I go to visit in the fall, things are either just about to turn or have already hit their peak. I lucked out this time, and even managed to bring my camera with me. Mind you, it was in the trunk for most of the ride home. I was kicking myself about that. Stretch offered to stop the car and get it out, but I didn't want to be a bother.

Then we went down Route 44. We got to a spot called Water Tank Hollow, and I said, "Aw, man!" Stretch offered again, and this time I took him up on it. We stopped at a little lookout spot and I took some pictures like this:



It is just begging to be run through a Photoshop filter, but I can't figure out which one I want to use.

No comments: