Monday, May 18, 2009

Anti-theft

You know, it's the little things that drive you crazy. Stupid stuff like food noises you can't get away from (dealt with, thanks to my Mom's Christmas gift of headphones) or people ignoring your emails requesting more info on the next step of a project only to dump a ton and a half of work on you 2 weeks after you've given up on them and decided to work on something else. (Holy run-on sentence, Batman!)

This morning it's disappearing book carts. Friday afternoon we had two empty ones. This morning? Zero. This isn't the first time it's happened. I've lost count of how many times they go missing, actually. Whoever does it steals 'em before any of us get here, or after we leave. It's irritating.

One of my team mates and I found 'em, empty, in other parts of the room and wheeled them back home. I've made big yellow labels for them with our team's name and "DO NOT REMOVE!" in bold at the bottom. Stuck the labels all over the carts. If this doesn't work I'm gonna buy some chains and padlocks, and chain all the carts together. Ha! Try moving that, cart-thief.

Or better still, go find your own.

No comments: