Monday, May 18, 2009

Oreo, 1989-2009

Oreo in the kitchen

This was Delilah's daddy.

My father called Friday evening to tell me Oreo had to be taken to the vet's. He'd stopped eating recently, and now he wouldn't even drink water. Mom saw a little bit of blood in his mouth. The vet confirmed what we already knew: tumor. He had a small one on his face that I've been editing out of pictures for years, including the picture above. Turns out there was another one in his mouth, under his tongue. He was put to sleep Friday afternoon.

Sammy (Samson, Delilah's litter mate) died last October. He had a tumor as well, only his was on his foot. Here's Sammy:

Sammy in the bathroom window

Poor sweet babies.

I'd be very happy if the booboo on Delilah's foot would go away now, please. It's round, and it has very definite edges. It probably a bite mark (pleaseohplease it's a bite mark!), but if it doesn't go away by the time we're through with the antibiotics I'm going to have to take her back to the vet and get it biopsied. Gulp.

2 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I somehow missed all of your posts about D's paw. Happy, healthy kitty thoughts are zooming towards PA as you snooze!

Just Me said...

I'm so sorry about Oreo. Please pass my sympathies along to your mom and dad as well. It's so hard to lose our furry companions.

The blessing here is that Oreo was fortunate to have a good and loving home and your parents enjoyed him for many long years.