Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snapshot Sunday #2

These aren't pictures taken with my camera, they're scanned. A long while back I took a drawing class through the arts center on campus. Our first project was to take some image out of the newspapers and sketch it. I chose an oxford shoe, and shocked myself when I found out I really can draw. I don't have a scanned image of that.

Not quite as far back, a blogger I used to be in contact with named Anna suggested we each do that same thing again and post our results. We shared our drawings with each other, but we didn't post the results on our blogs. I don't think she was happy with how hers turned out, and I didn't want to publish mine without her publishing hers.

Her blog has been inactive for years now. I think her life got very complicated and she didn't have the time or energy to both live it and then write about it.

So anyway, here's the picture I drew from. I can't remember what the ad was for, or what magazine I tore it out of:



















And here's what I did with it:




















And now I want to dig out my sketch book and draw again. Like I have time for that right now.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Ooooh, it's so nice reading all of your entries. I've so badly neglected my blog it's going to run away from home any day.

Gosh, I envy people with drawing talents! That's really good!