Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thor

So I watched Thor this evening.

I really wanted to like it. I like the Ironman movies, and funnily enough, the only reason I watched the Ironman movies is that I wanted to know what was going on once I got to Thor (they all take place in the Marvel Comics universe).  I got interested in Thor because Kenneth Branagh was directing it, and I like him.

It was...meh.  Not bad. Visually very appealing, but just a little...thin?  I think that's the word I want.  I can't really pinpoint what was wrong with it, it just wasn't very interesting.  The one character I really liked, the only one who seemed to have any depth, was Loki.  And he was the bad guy.  Sort of.

Oh, well.  Maybe the second one will be better.  Because of course they're making a sequel.  All these superheroes are eventually going to meet up and work together in The Avengers.  Which reminds me, I still need to see Captain America.  He's part of the story too.

Even though I didn't really like the movie I originally wanted to see, I got drawn into the bigger story.  Now I need to see where it's going.  And that's mainly because of Ironman, and the reason I like those is probably mostly because of Robert Downey Jr and Jon Favreau.  I think if anyone else were directing it or being Tony Stark I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

You know, someday I should try reading the comic books these characters all come from.  Just to see what never made it to the screen.

No comments: